Thursday, April 17, 2014

" And I Heal " ( photo and poetry )




And I Heal


The rocky slope and vegetation
Are my stance to a new dimension
As my weary eyes scan the sea
Then look to the sky…and back again

As a calm takes hold
I can feel adversities slip away
Like wisps of smoke
Rising in the air

For some, the vastness of the sea
Makes them feel so small….so insignificant
For me, the shrinkage of my burdens
 Makes me feel tremendous

As each wave comes ashore,
Only to retreat then repeat again
That which stifles my spirit is set free
As I heal…. one wave at a time
© lls






5 comments:

  1. You nailed it...what the sea does for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Jerry....as I wrote you were in my thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Mandy, very nice write.... I really like it and if it's your personal feel about the vastness of the sea, its waves, etc, I would say you have a very beautiful feeling... Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks , Belita.....and yes....a visit to the ocean is more powerful than drugs....but so very short lived!

      I decided it is time to get back to some creative writing....with CC closed I haven't done any writing.....and makes no sense for it is a love!

      Delete
  3. Very nice poem... I enjoyed it more because I'm at the sea this weekend :)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comment~ Come Back Soon !

Gracias por su visita y comentario ~ cime volver pronto!