Sunday, March 9, 2014

Creative Challenge No. 290 ~ "Endings"



                                                                            




Endings
(Goodbye Creative Challenge)
 



Less than ten pages left

To a gripping real life novel

I can’t put the book down

But if I do….it will end

Page turning excitement will be over



Carefully I knot my thread

Making my stitches secure

Lessening the chance of unraveling

A simple knot at the end of the thread

Is the difference between

Success and disaster



A favorite season finally arrives

Here for only a short time

New life everywhere

From plants, flowers, birds

To newborn babes

Almost as quickly as it comes on….it too will end



I imagine everything has an invisible string

It has a beginning and it has an end

Many times the string is too short

The end seems to come far too swiftly

Some we embrace while others are painful to let go

Quite simply, it’s just the way everything is



Something I especially love to do

Has reached it’s necessary end

Necessary doesn’t make it easier

But at least it has an explanation

And came with a warning

I only wish I could tie a knot in its invisible thread

© mreyes

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely and emotionally written... I'm sure Danette will feel touched...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written and yes very touching...it is the bittersweetness of life that are sometime the most inspirational (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comment~ Come Back Soon !

Gracias por su visita y comentario ~ cime volver pronto!